Studio 9

Nothing's Impossible

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Childhood









Those were the most beautiful days, when I was I,
The most adorable chapter of mine.
No hurry, no worry, no fear my peers.
The days went along happy tears.
I, dancing in the streets and friends surround.
And this was my childhood.

Men fishing in boat upon the floating red sun,
The sound of the goats, the evening bird’s singing.
The monsoon rain and there were trees, where
We climbed, we jumped, we hung and we swung,
Chronicles were said by a person a day.
Days and nights, they went our way.

I danced like blaze and enthralled hearts and
The play I performed, Akbar and Birbal.
Cricket, football, carom, and the game you name
Trust me, I swear, in all I had fame.
Wrestled times a many, boys are boys..!!! and
Times were when my body witnessed daily hurt.

We went to school and sad we would be,
To the school we went to not study.
In every chance, I had the sweetest buddy.
Evenings were the happiest and happy we were.
Physical Training, we the kids waited for
And then, the act of passion fully assured.

Lived my living along the living Gods, those
Lived with us and cared my living.
Madly I hopped houses to play
With neighbor’s sons and their daughters.
Those were days, no father around to stop
And those were days, no money no shop.

There were markets around, real markets they were
The grocer's the shops the men and the women.
People around smiled at me. No neighbor. No friend.
I held my dad's hand and prayed to God
To not leave. And then came the fancy shop.
Where I bought my Geometry box.

No mourners to cry, our spirits so high!
How happy was I, playing so hard,
Kites and Marbles and tops and cards.
Hired bi-cycles, a rupee an hour,
Amazing it was that races we won.
This season is when I broke my arm.

Will I get it again?
Some time to play the cycle tyre race.
Will I get it again?
Those true loves, those innocent smiles.
I cannot believe it all happened and gone.
Most were my happy days and those memories never fade.

- Julien

No comments:

Post a Comment